• Follow us
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • YouTube
  • RSS
  • Contact us

Getting access to our website

Read more

Search form
2020-built trimaran BAJAMAR EXPRESS © Austal

2020-built trimaran BAJAMAR EXPRESS © Austal

More than three million passengers travelled with Fred. Olsen Express in 2022

High-speedFred. Olsen Express recovers to pre-pandemic passenger levels in 2022 with an average of 9,000 daily passengers. 3,275,000 people chose the shipping company during the past year to travel, 25% more than in 2021.

Of the total passengers, 83% were Canarian residents, while the remaining 17% (about 550,000) were non-residents, which reflects the recovery of foreign tourism also in trips between islands. 

In total, the company made 19,500 trips last year, 30% more than in 2021. In addition, they transported more than one million vehicles, both passenger cars and goods transport, which represents a 15% growth compared to the previous year.

Although all routes have experienced positive growth during 2022, the route between Gran Canaria and Tenerife is the most in demand, thanks to the two new trimarans that joined between 2020 and 2021 and have made the trip more comfortable for more than one million passengers and the 300,000 vehicles that have chosen this route this year.

© Shippax

Jan 10 2023


Get the latest news - for FREE

Receive our weekly newsletter with the latest news and unique special offers.

Products

Shippax Info

Our monthly magazine + Online Access.1 year subscription.

More

Shippax Guide 21/22

AURA SEAWAYS

More

Shippax Market 22

Market reports & outlook

More

Shippax Designs 20

ECO LIVORNO

More

Shippax Database - Single user

Shippax Database online

More

Don’t miss out!

The place to meet the ferry shipping industry!